Your friend is getting married and has bestowed the honor of being one of her bridesmaids upon you. It’s now officially part of your job to ensure your gal-pal has the best and most stress-free wedding events ever! From assisting the maid of honor with throwing her a bachelor party, smiling through the dress picking process, and easing her nerves on her big day, it is truly your job to make her smile more and stress less. Though traditions and duties differ for each bride, here is what is probably expected from you as a bridesmaid for your friend’s big day.
5 Common Duties for the Modern Bridesmaid
- Love Whatever Dress the Bride Chooses – Get good with the fact that you may not like the dress you’re asked to wear…and that’s ok! Be prepared to just buy the bridesmaid dress with no complaints and smile! Offer your opinion (if asked) but realize it’s your friend’s big day and she probably already has a style and color in mind for her wedding day.
- Attend Wedding Functions with a Smile – Not only do you need to show up for the wedding, but you are expected to be at all of the events leading up to the wedding including the bachelorette party, wedding shower, rehearsal dinner, dress fittings, and any other planned wedding- related festivities. Be prepared to be there with bells on along with a great big smile and a willing to help attitude!
- Help the Maid of Honor Plan Parties – The bride’s whole entourage should come together to help plan and pay for her bridal shower and bachelorette party. Come ready with ideas, feedback, decorating help, as well as some cash to pitch in to pay for the events. Don’t forget to include the mother of the bride as well as the bride’s future mother in law in all of the planning. If you’re lucky, they might even offer to fund the events you are planning!
- Be Available When Needed – A good bridesmaid makes herself available, so she can help the bride with whatever she needs to make her big day and all of the events leading up to it as stress-free as possible. Offering to run errands, address envelopes, transport people from the airport, and taking care of other things that she doesn’t have to worry about is the perfect way to show your support and be there for her.
- Lend a Friendly Ear – Honestly, an important part of your bridesmaid responsibilities is to simply listen and let the bride vent! There is a lot going on and she is probably stressed to the core, so listening to her complain will help her so much more than you know! Also, look for signs that she just needs a break from wedding planning and suggest you talk about other things. An even better idea is to make plans to go out for drinks, get your nails done, or sneak off to a chick flick to ease her worries and refresh her mind.
Plan the Perfect Bridal Event with Twin Cities Cruises
Let us help you be the best bridesmaid possible by providing a unique setting for her bachelorette party or bridal shower in the Twin Cities. Consider a cruise down the Mississippi River for an unforgettable experience the bride and guests will be talking about for years to come. A casual, fun-filled day cruise or an elegant evening dinner cruise is the perfect way to make beautiful memories and a unique way to celebrate. The experienced team at Paradise Charter Cruises is here to help make the bride’s day as close to perfect as it can be! We have entertainment options galore, including casino packages, DJ’s, musicians, magicians and so much more! We are here to help create the perfect ambiance for the bride’s special events. Call us today to schedule your event or click here to contact us!