Winter blues got you down? No worries – there is a simple fix for that! Get up off the couch and get outside to explore all of the amazing activities and events winter brings to the Twin Cities! Minneapolis is a year-round playground that offers residents and guests a variety of fun-filled activities to participate in. If you have the winter doldrums and need to get out of the house and have some fun, check out these local happenings that are going on near you!
2019 Winter Events in the Twin Cities
- St. Paul Winter Carnival – January 26–February 5 – Join in on the festivities in Rice Park at the Annual St. Paul Winter Carnival. Enjoy light displays, ice carvings, and even a mini ice palace! Signature events include a snow park at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds, the Securian Winter Run, the Pioneer Press Treasure Hunt, Disc Golf Ice Bowl, Autonomous Snowplow Competition, parades, food, live music and more. Learn more.
- The Marjorie McNeely Conservatory in Como Park– Immerse yourself in lush foliage from around the world to beat the winter blues in St. Paul! From the Tropical Encounters Exhibit to the Fern Room, the Bonsai exhibit, and the North Garden, nothing makes it feel like a spring day more than spending some time in this beautiful, educational, and 70° Fahrenheit conservatory. Free of Charge! Learn more.
- Visit a Local Museum – A cold winter day is a perfect time to explore one of the area’s art museums. The Walker Art Center and the Minneapolis Institute of Arts both have extensive collections worth seeing. In addition, The Walker Sculpture Garden is great to check out each season, as the aspect is completely different!
- Check out the Minneapolis Home and Garden Show – The Home and Garden Show at the Minneapolis Convention Center runs from February 22nd to March 3rd, 2019, and will include an assortment of exhibits, including sustainable living and design ideas, “upcycled” furniture, cooking demonstrations, and more. Guests include Drew & Jonathan Scott, HGTV’s Property Brothers, as well as Clint Harp from HGTV’s “Fixer Upper.” Learn more.
- Visit a Local Brewery – Learn how beer is made, sample some delicious – and free – locally made brews, and support your neighborhood breweries by registering for a brewery tour! If you’re feeling adventurous, use your new knowledge and try crafting your own brew at home!
Winter in Minneapolis is also a great time to start making plans for all of your events in 2019. From weddings, birthday, and anniversary celebrations to company parties, school field trips, and wedding/baby showers, Twin City Cruises is the perfect venue for your event! Check out our fleet here:
Mississippi River Cruises
- Minneapolis Queen, a 125-passenger paddle wheeler, sails on the Mississippi River through historic downtown Minneapolis.
- Paradise Lady, a 145-passenger sleek and luxurious charter yacht, departs from the Port of Bohemian Flats to sail on the Mississippi River.
Lake Minnetonka Cruises
- Paradise Grand, a 50-passenger motor-yacht, sails on Lake Minnetonka and departs from The Port of Excelsior to sail one of the country’s most popular lakes.
- Paradise Princess II, 50-passenger motor yacht, sails on Lake Minnetonka
- Paradise Destiny, a 100-passenger luxurious new motor-yacht, for your touring pleasure on Lake Minnetonka
Paradise Charter Cruises is the place to book one of our luxurious vessels for your special event! For more information on private charters, contact us here or give us a call at 888/559-8058 today to plan your wedding, birthday bash, company party, baby shower, bachelorette party, or other exciting events!